Excluding VAT & TAX
- Registration Fees Per Person 3,000Tk. Only (Excluding VAT & Tax)
Vanue : Chattogram
Customs, Shipping, and Government stakeholders are playing major role
for import and export of goods and these organizations have important functions
in the export import trade chain. Due to lack of clear understanding about the
customs rules, regulation, procedure of shipping, role of shipping agent,
business professionals face troubles in doing the business smoothly.
Businessmen have to follow a complex customs procedure in the way of import and export. This course will help understand the process of clearance of goods from customs and minimize the expenses at every stage as well.
Contents of workshop:
International Trade: An Overview
2. International Trade Policies, Regulations, Guidelines & Practices:
4. Role of Banks in Imports & Exports Business
5. Custom Formalities related Imports & Exports
6. Functions of Clearing Agent
7. Functions of Forwarding Agent
8. Various Trade Payment Methods
9. What does a Collection Mean?
10. Terms of Payment: D/P, D/A
11. Handling of collection: Clean Collection and Documentary Collection
12. What are the Documents Handled under Collection?
13. Documentary Collection Procedure/ Documentary Draft Transaction
14. Risks those are Inherent under Collection/Contract Procedure.
15. How Exporters May be Protected against Exports under Contract Procedure?
16. UCPDC (ICC Publication No.600)
17. Introducing L/C
18. Types of Letter of Credit (LC):
20. Parties involved in Documentary Credit (L/C) Operation: Applicant; Beneficiary; L/C Issuing Bank; Advising Bank; Nominated Bank; Confirming Bank; Negotiating Bank; Claiming Bank; Reimbursing Bank
of Credits and Amendments (Article - 9)
22. Amendments (Article -10)
23. Nomination (Artilce-12); Functions of Nominated Bank
24. Import Procedures
25. Duties & Taxes applicable for Importable Goods
26. How to calculate Costs of Importable Goods?
27. Export Procedures
28. Export by sea –steps involved in shipping of goods by sea
29. Documents Used in Documentary Credit Operation (Article 18 – 28)
30. Examination of Documents (Article-14)
31. Discrepant Documents, Waiver and Notice (Article-16)
32. Disputes and Settlements of Disputes
33. Familiarizing with Forms/Documents that are necessary for opening of L/C (such as, L/C Application Form; LCA Form; IMP Form; Proforma Invoice (PI)/Indent; Insurance Cover Note/Policy and, any other forms/documents if required, as per Import Policy Order (i.e. IPO) and their uses/ implications
34. Many more
Lecture Sheet/ Handbook Revision
Ø Job related Question & Answers Session
Ø Introduction of other reference books
Ø Certificate Distribution
tea, snacks & lunch would be made by the Organizer during the workshop.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
KN Tower (8th Floor), Badamtali Circle, Agrabad C/A, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
0 / 20
1) Entrepreneurs and high professionals in the field of Export – Import Business. 2) Officials who are in the field of supply chain management, procurement and logistics. 3) Commercials, C&F agents, Freight Forwarders and shipping agents professionals.